Friday, November 27, 2015

Grateful…Appreciative…Thankful

We had a wonderful time yesterday afternoon into the evening eating great traditional North American Thanksgiving food, chatting with newlyweds who had recently arrived at the lake and were in awe of it’s beauty, and chatting with expats who now call the lake home. I did not take any photos of the event…working on being in the moment instead of in the future.

We walked home with Paul and Pat, a couple from Minneapolis who now reside here. Pat is an accountant. The two of them have lived in some fantastic places due to her accounting career. I never would have thought that accounting could offer so many cool opportunities. This little place is full of people who have such amazing stories to tell.

I feel so grateful, appreciative, and thankful that I have been afforded the opportunities that I have had in my life. I know that I am privileged in many ways and I hope to not forget that. I am so lucky to have found a great friend who wanted to marry me and who is also willing to take huge life risks and adventures with me. I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else.

 I am also constantly reminding myself of all of our friends and family who both encouraged and challenged us as we planned this big move. The love that was behind all of it will never be forgotten.



Thanks for helping us work towards this. 






XOXO,


Katie and Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment