Friday, November 13, 2015

Costa Rica

We recently returned from 5 days in Costa Rica. At this point in time our passports need to leave Guatemala every 90 days. We decided to use this as a reason to head to the beach. Neither Brandon nor I had been to Costa Rica and I was looking for some time to have my feet in the sand and to see the ocean.

I do not feel small standing by the ocean!


We stayed in Tamarindo. Our shuttle driver informed us that the locals call it Tamagringo due the amount of American tourists. The ocean was beautiful and the food was great. It felt really nice to not cook, grocery shop, or do dishes for a whole week! We also found some of our favorite vices to indulge in.


We had a list prior to the trip of items that we hoped we would be able to find on the vacation. Below is a list of items we brought home:

    3 bath towels
     Face wash for Katie
     All natural body lotion, shampoo, and conditioner  for Katie
     2 pairs of flip flops for Brandon (his 1 pair broke a few days before the trip)
     2 very roomy rompers for Katie (she is pretty large these days) from a very cute boutique.
     Tea light candles
     12 IPA beers (that Brandon will ration until our first visitor…my mom)
     A pizza cutter
     Measuring spoons
1   A pizza pan (we are trying to perfect our homemade pizza)
1   A pack of poorly made tennis balls for the dogs (Jackson destroy one already)
1   A hanging cord with light socket attached so that our craftiness can continue with the making of a lamp.
1   A string of white Christmas lights.


It was hot and humid and I started to really feel my pregnancy. Sitting was probably my favorite thing (except for when a woman walked by me and said that if I wasn’t careful I may just have the baby on the beach…I’m only 33 weeks so the comment didn’t feel the greatest). Brandon spent one morning taking a surf lesson. He did amazing and got up right away. He paid for a 2-hour lesson and came in after about 1 hour due to his need to take a break. They went back out for about 20 more minutes and then he was done! He was tired and sore but happy that he had the experience.








 By the end of the trip I was ready to go home and our little place in Guatemala is what felt like home! This was exciting to me…the fact that it feels like home. It may have been because our dogs were there but whatever the reason, I was excited!

At the airport check in counter Brandon and I were both weighed with our carry on bags due to the fact that the first flight of our return was to be on a 12 -passenger plane! I had no idea that this was a part of the plan.  Folks, Brandon thought this was the coolest thing ever and all I could think about was safely landing on the ground.

There were 4 rows of 3 seats and Brandon and I were lucky enough to be in the very first row. This meant for me squeezing down a very small isle that I wasn’t sure I was going to fit down…embarrassing!  I made it to my seat and it felt like I was driving the plane.  We were directly behind the pilots. So close that Brandon had to move his leg so that the pilot could put his armrest down!

That is my bag on my lap...that is how close we sat to the pilots. 

Our view of the runway during landing

View of the entire plane.




































Our flight arrived in Guatemala City at about 6pm so we ended up spending the night in Antigua. We finished the journey home the next day and were greeted by our very happy Kirby and Jackson. Our next 90 days is the first week in February…the baby will be here and I can’t wait!

Our new countdown is December 18th…Bobbie arrives!

XOXO,

Katie and Brandon

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flight looks so cool. I love the framing of the last b&w picture. It is so great to read your blog.. Just love it. All our best to you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. The list made me giggle. :) We took a plane like that in Nicaragua and I saw the co-pilot fall asleep. Scariest flight of my life. Enjoy these next 90 days!!! Miss you. xo

    ReplyDelete