Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Here we go.

Many of our friends and family have asked us how we are going to keep them updated on our life in Guatemala. Neither Brandon or I are big users of social media so I absolutely can not believe that I am doing this but we have decided to keep a very basic blog. I do not have perfect english, I am not a writer, nor am I a photographer. Please be kind to me folks! 
Brandon has been off of work for a few weeks now working hard at home to get tasks taken care of before our departure and our tenants move in. That's correct folks...we found renters and it only took 1 day. Big relief!
After today I have 2 more days of work and then packing begins. We depart for Houston on 8/29/15. Our flight leaves from Houston to Guatemala City on 8/31/15. We are doing this because we are bringing Kirby and Jackson and we don't want there to be a layover. Brandon will turn 38 on the road! 
Below are some photos to give you an idea of where we will be living and our view. Also, a link for some basic info: 
http://wikitravel.org/en/Lake_Atitl%C3%A1n


Lake Atitlan



                                                        Our new house...only the first floor

2 comments: